Joining the Human Resource Management Association of Barbados (HRMAB) Inc. is worth it!
$150.00 in your first year.
$100.00 in the second year for professional and affiliate members.
$50.00 one-time fee, if you are a full-time unemployed student.
You can download and print our Membership application form (PDF format) or you can apply online below.
Membership is open to individuals who have studied in the following disciplines: Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial/Organisational Psychology, Personnel Psychology, Industrial Relations, Labour Administration, Labour Law, Labour Economics, Behavioural Science, Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Administration, Sociology or a related discipline in which there was extensive exposure to Human Resource Management.
You will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- networking with Human Resource Management practitioners, Industrial Relations practitioners, private and public sector leaders on a regular basis.
- monthly personal and professional development seminars presented by professionals with expertise on topics of relevance, held at venues that are easy to access, with refreshments.
- opportunity to attend our annual conference at discounted rates.
- discounts on all HRMAB activities.
- opportunities to attend activities free of cost, or at discounted prices which are held by our strategic partners.
- mentorship opportunities:our mentorship programme is part of the overall career development plan which HRMAB is promoting. We strive to help members become more valuable and proficient in the field as well as in their various roles both personally and professionally. Additional information can be obtained from the Training and Development Committee.
For more information on our benefits, view our presentation online on Slideshare.
Recognized Professional Qualifications
- Graduate of a university or other institution in a field of study recognised by the Association with at least two (2) years' approved experience in Human Resource Management OR (10) or more years’ relevant approved experience in Human Resource Management.
- Graduate of the Industrial Society, UK
- Professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (UK), formerly the Institute of Personnel Management
- Professional membership of the Society for Human Resource Management (USA)
- Barbados Institute of Management and Productivity (BIMAP) Diploma in Management Studies majoring in Human Resource Management, Personnel Management, or Industrial Relations plus five (5) years’ approved experience in the Human Resource Management field.
- UWI, Centre for Management Development – Executive Diploma in Management, HR Concentration
- UWI, Centre for Management Development – EMBA, HR Concentration
Other Membership Requirements
Please send your application with a current résumé, copy of certification and the annual membership fee of BBD$100.00 and the application fee of $50 to HRMAB Inc., P O Box 969, Bridgetown, Barbados. Your application cannot be processed until these items and payments are received. The processing of your application usually takes between 4 to 6 weeks.
Online Membership Application Form
Complete the form below to begin the process of joining HRMAB. Don't forget to review our requirements.
- 2014 Annual Conference 6 Mar 2014
- The Central Bank - Leadership Conference on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8 Nov 2013
- Negotiation Seminar and Simulation 6 Nov 2013
- The Absenteeism and Sick leave Breakfast Panel Discussion - July 23rd 2013 23 Jul 2013
- The World of Work Workshop - July 15th to 19th, 2013 15 Jul 2013
Recent Blog Posts
Have a Question?
Stay Up to Date with HRMAB